From now until January 31st, visitors to Niagara Falls can experience the city’s annual Winter Festival of Lights celebration, which features exciting events, spectacular fireworks shows, and one-of-a-kind lighting displays. Here are some of the exciting things to look forward to during this year’s festival:
This year’s Winter Festival of Lights features an 8km illumination route along which light-wrapped trees and unique illuminations are displayed. There are also a number of light exhibits and installations to visit around the city’s tourist districts.
- Clifton Hill District – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle displays located along Victoria Avenue
- Dufferin Islands – 3D Canadian Wildlife and Inukshuk light displays
- Lundy’s Lane District – Nut Cracker Soldier and The Loop illumination musical installation
- Fallsview Boulevard District – The Passage experiential light tunnel at Old Stone Inn, Skylon Tower illumination, Prismatica light exhibit at Scotiabank Convention Centre, and the Fallsview Sound and Light Show at Oakes Hotel
Spectacular fireworks will be launched into the sky over Niagara Falls every Friday night at 9pm during the Winter Festival of Lights. And don’t miss the bonus shows happening every night from December 22nd – 31st in celebration of the holidays.
Deck the Falls Holiday Walking Tours
Deck the Falls Holiday Walking Tours are self-guided tours that give visitors the chance to explore beautifully decorated venues throughout the city and experience gourmet food sampling, holiday beverages, live musical entertainment, photo-ops, pop up carolers, craft workshops, and more.
- Dates and Time– Deck the Falls is taking place during the first three weekends in December, on Friday and Saturday evenings from 5pm – 10pm
- Tickets – Tickets cost $46.99 per person + taxes. Ticket holders receiver a Deck the Falls Tour Pass with vouchers to be redeemed at participating venues along the tour route, a 48-hour WEGO bus pass, and an Incline Railway Pass. Tickets are valid for all six nights and can be used in one night or spread out over two weekends.
- Venues – Some of this year’s participating venues include the Scotiabank Convention Centre, Sheraton Fallsview, Crowne Plaza Fallsview, Marriott on the Falls, Marriott Fallsview, Niagara Parks Floral Showhouse, Casino Niagara, and more. Download the Deck the Falls tour map to see all of this year’s participating venues.
New Year’s Eve
The musical lineup for this year’s Niagara Falls New Year’s Eve celebration and outdoor concert in Queen Victoria Park has been announced and features Canadian musicians Burton Cummings, The Sheepdogs, Walk Off the Earth, and Avenue Inn.
In addition to an exciting outdoor concert, this totally free event will feature two fireworks shows at 9pm and midnight, and an outdoor licensed area and food and beverage vendors.
Experience the beauty and excitement of the Niagara Falls Winter Festival of Lights and plan your getaway today!